Monday, February 18, 2008

The Symphony is Awesome

Last Friday, Wendy and I went to Abravanel Hall, which is where the Utah Symphony plays. They were playing Edvard Grieg's fantasy music, and it was amazing. After I got past the slow parts where I was dozing off, I really enjoyed it. Their performances are just awesome, I am committing myself to going more often.

Wendy and I enjoyed the symphony, and then I convinced her to go with me to watch the new movie that came out in theaters yesterday, "Jumper". It was a good move. It was interesting to see the difference between sitting down to watch the Symphony, and then sitting down to watch an action movie in the theaters. It was a really good day, I enjoyed watching both shows.

P.S. If you like the Sumphony, on March 28th and 29th, the symphony will be taking music from video games and putting them into symphonic score. They will have synchonized video and lighting as well. I'm excited about it, and if you're interested, buy your tickets now, they will sell out fast.

No comments: