Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Weekend Birthday Party #2: Wendy Coutino

So, the festivities continued the next day, when Wendy was celebrating her 25th birthday. She wanted to go dancing, so some of us showed-up at her house, where we gave her a very unique cake right before we left to go dancing.

This cake was the best cake I have ever made. It was cut into the shape of the abbreviations for Guadalajara, Mexico: GDL. And it was also colored in the colors of the Mexican flag. I wanted to do something nice for Wendy, and this was the perfect way to do it. I took a little over 4 hours, but I got the cake finished. It is double-stacked, with icing in the middle. It is made from 6 cake mixes, in three different colors. The G was Chocolate, the D was strawberry, and the L was Sprinkles.

I was so excited about giving it to Wendy, and when we did, she loved it. I love doing things for people that let them know how much time and effort I put into doing it for them. I don't like just buying something and then handing it to them, there's not a lot of feeling attached to that I don't think.



After the cake, we went dancing. We went to Studio 600 where they were doing Latin dancing that night. Holy cow, I had such a fun time. I learned a lot of new moves, and really got loose out there on the dance floor.
I just asked Wendy if she had a good time, and she said "I had a great time on my birthday!" So, with the seal of approval from Wendy, you can put this birthday down in the books as a success.

No comments: