Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday Night Jambalaya


Good-ole' southern food! Yeayah! There ain't nothin' better than a meal stocked full of meat. We made Jambalaya tonite for some of our friends, and this might be one of my favorite dishes I have mad so far. This was my first time attempting to make Jambalaya. It was also my first time eating it. It had bacon, ham, chicken, sausage, rice, and a few vegetables in it. we also had some cornbread. It was a perfect meal.


I love cooking for my friends. These dinner parties are always a lot of fun. We had about 20 or so people over this time. Vince and I cooked the Jambalaya, Josh made some amazing peach cobbler using a dutch oven, and various other people we invited brought some dessert items.

The way these dinner parties work is I normally pick a food item or meal type that I want to cook with, and then find a recipe online. Then I go to the store and buy all the food that is required for the dinner, then come home and cook it. Then everyone that we invite comes with $4.00 to pay me back for the food that I purchased, and we always come out about even. It works out really well.

I really believe in developing strong relationships with the people that I care the most about, and that's what these dinners represent to me. They aren't just an opportunity to socialize. They are the most important people in my life, either because I have had some type of impact on them, or they have influenced me in some way. Life is all about building relationships, and keeping them strong. That's what makes people happy.

No comments: